Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need help with AO map in maya.

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi everyone, i have a lowpoly model, i want to bake Ao map in maya but it's look weird.
It's looking normal in font, but have many black face behind.
Update: i put the view in font, it's bright in font and dark behind aand view on top, it's bright on top, dark in bottom. 
Please help. (sorry for my bad English)

Replies

• Thessera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thessera vertex
    Idk what problem is , since i haven't done AO mapping before.. 
    However i remember hearing/reading somewhere that:

1. You must not overall uv plains, unless it shall be "the same" on both sides..( symmetrical models)
    2. The UV- plains need to face the  piece..that it's connected to..OR it was that ALL should face the same direction ( north).. i mix those two

I may be wrong, my memory is crap..
  • kienl194
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thessera said:
    Idk what problem is , since i haven't done AO mapping before.. 
    However i remember hearing/reading somewhere that:

1. You must not overall uv plains, unless it shall be "the same" on both sides..( symmetrical models)
    2. The UV- plains need to face the  piece..that it's connected to..OR it was that ALL should face the same direction ( north).. i mix those two

I may be wrong, my memory is crap..
    I sure that my Uv and mesh is fine, when i change the view while baking the black face change :(
  • seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11
    try setting the normal direction in your bake settings to surface front instead of face camera!
  • kienl194
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d said:
    try setting the normal direction in your bake settings to surface front instead of face camera!
    i'll try it. tnx
  • kienl194
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d said:
    It's works! Thank you very much! :D