Home Technical Talk

Imported mesh has Artefacts in 3ds Max

When I import a decimated mesh from Zbrush to 3ds Max it shows artefacts. Click on the link to watch the process I used:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x98SrNOcjs8

Thanks in advance

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    If it's a deci mesh(optimised triangulation) why did you export aa quads? Try adding a smooth modifier as they are normal shading errors.

Also, why was your mesh nearly 2mill poly after decimation. There are no details on the mesh that require that kind  of polycount
    This mesh could be zremeshed to 10-odd thousand or less and exported at that. I see a lot of novice ZB users using uncesscarily high polycounts for no other reason than that they can.
  • The_Silent_One
    Thanks for the reply, I am a novice at Zbrush so that explains why I made all these mistakes. I will do my best to correct the mistakes I made.  
  • The_Silent_One
    Also, I apologize for replying so late. I didn't enable email notifications.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Thanks for the reply, I am a novice at Zbrush so that explains why I made all these mistakes. I will do my best to correct the mistakes I made.  
    Fair call, mate. I would recommend getting used to the workflow in ZB, otherwise you'll just frustrate yourself, lose lots of time, and pick up bad habits/inefficient methods. ZB is so flexible that once you 'get it' you'll really increase your productivity.