Home Technical Talk

Mari is changing my diffuse color when I add "Height as Normal" layer in Normal Channel

I don't know if i can properly explain this without it being convoluted, but here goes:

I've painted out the majority of my diffuse map and there are a few textures/ layers that I need to have affect the normal channel. When I copy the layer into my normal channel and apply the "height as normal" adjustment layer it completely dulls out my colors and removes all specularity when I look at the model through the shader.

- Right now the specular channel hasn't been created yet so it's just whatever is standard bias from the shader I'm using.

- I used a luminance adjustment to make this particular layer greyscale before I added the Height as Normal node.

In short, I just want to be able to adjust my normal maps without sacrificing the richness of the colors I have already put down. I still have a long way to go to finish up this character but I'd like to get this little part of the workflow nailed down before I continue on.

Any help is appreciated fellas.

-R

Replies