Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Custom Baseball Bat Weapon

I decided to go ahead and make the classic baseball bat with nails weapon. There is nothing too special I can say about this particular model aside from the nod/reference I make to the Fallout franchise, specifically Fallout 4. I had a great time making the model as it was just for fun. I've been quite busy as of late, so I really haven't had the time to work on personal stuff like this, so I'm glad I was able to get her done. I do have several other stuff in the works and plan on sharing it with you guys in the coming months. Hope you like it and if you have any comments, suggestions, opinions, or anything else, please feel free to leave a comment. 

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Looks really nice, I think you could have taken the design further by adding parts where the wood had chipped off/splintered from use and maybe some empty holes where the nails had come loose and fallen out.

The material definition on the handle wrap also looks a bit shiny. Makes it blend in with the finish of the bat, which also seems a bit shiny considering how old it looks otherwise. Think you could have afforded to put more geometry into the bat, or less geometry into the nails. The difference in density is pretty striking considering the size difference. Also not sure why you decided to cap the nails with a fan considering they are flat.

Nitpicking aside, very nice work.
  • edgar_tech92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really appreciate your feedback ATTICUSMARS and I do agree with you. there is definitely some areas of the model I can improve upon and correct and I will be making those changes as soon as I can. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions and I'm glad to hear you liked it.