Home Technical Talk

Anyone use Modo?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
Hello guys. I did something really stupid and I would like to believe it's reversible. I accidently riped off my "List" tab and closed it. I thought "no big deal, I can just click the + symbol and get a new one." Alas, the "List" tab is not there. Can i get it back without nuking the preferences? I spent too much time setting them up to just nuke them.

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    It's there, it's just labeled Vertex Map List (categorised under Data Lists). Also a more descriptive thread title would be ideal in the future, like "Restore Modo UI"
  • swann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swann polycounter lvl 4
    @Bek: No it's not. Lists is a tab that cosists three lists, one of them is Vertex Map List.
    @daniellooartist: Go to Layout => Restore and set Class = Normal, Name = whatever layout you want to reset and Restore As = Baseline Version
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator

@nodeway What's the difference exactly, apart from their title? "Lists" is a tab, not the name of the tabs container (Which also has Properties, Channels - these tabs can also be restored in the exact same way). Also from the OP it sounds like he wants to keep his UI changes bar this one mistake, not do a total reset.

Also the gear icon in that palette has a "restore baseline" option itself (assuming it's still there and you're only missing the one tab, not the entire palette)
  • daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you very much. You're a lifesaver.
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
    Oh man i hate doing this! It's so bloody annoying!! 

One thing I do pretty regularly is back up my modo config files in my Doc's. If things go a bit haywire its easy just to revert back to a recent config. 
  • CharacterCarl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharacterCarl greentooth
    I don't have it in front of me now but I think if you hit Ctrl+` and select one of the layouts MODO asks you if you want to restore the default version of it which should be a bit quicker than going through the layout tab.
    Alternatively, if you screw something up and haven't closed MODO yet: You should be able to kill it from the task manager to prevent it from saving your changes.