Home Technical Talk

ZBrush setup help!

At the expense of sounding like a complete scrub at this, I'm just getting into 3D aspects at uni, and have installed ZBrush on my home computer but cannot get it to do anything. At uni the program loads and away you go, but when I load up mine I get a whole bunch of weirdness. I've attached some pictures of what I've come up against, I guess I'm just looking for help with getting the program setup so I can get on with some basic modelling. Any help would be welcome and appreciated. I'm running the x64 bit version.

Replies

• JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    IDK about the first, but the second one is what happens when you draw on the 2.5d canvas. You can pick a 3d tool from the palette on the right (or import a .obj), click Make Polymesh3d to make it a sculptable mesh if you picked a primitive like the cube, press T to enter edit mode on the tool, and then you'll be able to sculpt normally.

For the first mesh you can try a brush that's set to Zadd rather than RGB, or if you want to paint the mesh you could make sure that Colorize is enabled under Polypaint in the Tool menu.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    For the first screen yep your polypainting with Material and Color on a object with a different material and color, for the 2nd you're painting in the 2D.5 canvas, you should watch some intro tutorial on zBrush, it's not a easy software to learn by doodlin'
    And you should post on the technical help section !
    hf

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moved to Technical Talk.