Home Technical Talk

Maya fatal crash on exit

Hey guys I have a quick question you might be able to help me with.  Every time I close maya no matter if I save a file out or not it crashes.  I have tried to update graphics driver and it didn't help so I went back a version to see if that helped and it didn't.  I have deleted maya prefs folder and added the environment variable and that didn't help.

My workstation specs are:
2x Intel Xeon 2.4GHz
NVIDIA GTX 690
NVIDIA Tesla C2075
24GB Ram
64-bit Windows 7(use to use 10 but I thought that was causing the problem so I went back to 7)

Also it doesn't matter the scene I save it crashes for everything including a simple cube.  The only addition plug-in I have is Mental Ray.  If you need any more info let me know.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    First, Windows10 wasn't the cause of your Maya problems.  What I recommend is, run CCleaner & some Anti-Malware.  Maya is known for crashing but IMO if your system is clean, that doesn't mean you need to format your computer every six months, that is just dumb. It means keeping it maintained and you probably can reduce Maya crashes equal to crashes to any other program, which is minimal.

• LMP
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Can you get more info on your crashes? They Might be getting logged in the Windows Event Viewer. Right Click on the Start Icon and then "Event Viewer" on the menu that pops up to bring up the event viewer. It'll list EVERYTHING "not 100% correct" that's happened on your PC broken down by severity, ie. Critical, Error, Warning, Information, Audit Success and Audit Failure. Your Maya crashes are probably in the Error category, as Critical tends be more along the lines of a Blue Screen of Death event, or whatever color it is now.
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    if it's a recent version of maya then it may be related to their 'customer involvement' tool, something that talks to autodesk whenever you close down the app. causes a not-so-brief hang after clicking exit from what i've seen. perhaps in your case it triggers something else?

http://tech-artists.org/forum/showthread.php?5231-Maya-Reducing-Maya-shutdown-time-by-disabling-Autodesk-CIP