Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

the Beast entry - armians

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
armians greentooth
Love, affection, responsibility to protect the loved ones with everything You've got - this feeling is the real Beauty. This Beauty can transform any living being into a brutal beast. This Beast that comes to life so suddenly, so involuntarily, so rampant, will fight pain, will fight death, will sacrifice everything in the name of this feeling - The Beauty.

What I want to show is some kind of forest creature, not necessarily a vicious predator, more of a peaceful troll-like being, becoming this brutal beast while protecting It's offspring. 
These boxes (well.. CAT rig) do not represent a lot at the moment, I just wanted to quickly illustrate the idea and ask if such an interpretation is not to far from the Contest's Theme? Because my version have nothing to do with a female lover, it's a completely different kind of feeling and situation. 
I know We cannot make 2 creatures this time, but what if the child creature is just two glowing dots - eyes (in a complete darkness of hollow tree trunk or smth) and a tip of a tail just to indicate what's in that dark? I would fuse these two little details into a pedestal, so there would be no additional texture sets or creature models or anything. What do You think?

Anyway.. If this does not meet the requirements for the contest and will not be allowed - no worries! I'll come up with something more appropriate and will definitely participate in a contest! 
Good luck to Everyone joining in!

Replies