Home Technical Talk

Help with substance painter

Oliverr
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Oliverr polycounter lvl 8
I just got substance painter and i am trying to texture a pretty basic wooden crate:

I want to add so edge wear to the sides of the crate but i have no high poly version so (as far as i know) I cannot bake the correct map to make the edge wear work correctly. Is there anyway to add nice edge wear to this without having a high poly version?

P.S. if you know of any substance painter tutorial that can help me texture basic models like this one please link me :smile: 

Replies

• Burpee
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Allergoritmic's youtube channel got some cool beginner tutorial,
    For your map did you try to bake using your low poly ? could work but in this case ( excuse the bad pun ) I'd do it by hand 
  • Oliverr
    Offline / Send Message
    Oliverr polycounter lvl 8
    I tried baking with my low poly and worked perfect :smile: but now im running into a issue where my height map is ignoring masks, for example: the entire crate is wood except for the hinges, but when i try to put a different texture on the hinges by masking off the wood fill layer, the height map still stays on them :/
  • Bartalon
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Height map will always ignore masks unless you change the blending mode of your Height channel from Linear Dodge to Normal on the group level.