Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Cavity and spec maps inverted

owaaan
null
Offline / Send Message
owaaan null
I cannot work out why the spec and cavity maps are inverted. The normal definitely is not and I cannot see any options to toggle inversion like in crazy bump.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Owaaan, may I see an example of what you're referring to? :smile: 
  • owaaan
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    Unfortunately not because nDo2 crashed since I posted and I lost everything. I repeated the same steps and this time the spec and cavity maps were not inverted... so I can only assume it was a bug. I'm brand new to nDo, is a crashing a regular thing?
  • owaaan
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    ...ok wow. It is a regular thing. It's crashed again. This isn't a great sign. I spent $117 AUS on this program :/
  • owaaan
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    The error message is enormous but begins with: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. I tried to take a screenshot of it but can't for some reason, nor can interact with the message in any way. I have to restart for it to end.
    I'm on a photoshop CC subscription, I have windows 10, and a GTX 980 graphics card.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Your full system specifications will be helpful in diagnosing this issue, along with whether you're using a laptop or a desktop, and any pertinent information leading to what's causing this issue to happen. If it's consistently repeatable, we can get it fixed quickly in the next round of patching. :smile: 

Please accept our apologies for the trouble in the meantime!
  • owaaan
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    Thanks for the assistance :) I have an intel core i7 4790 CPU and 16GB of RAM. It's a desktop computer. I'm not sure what is leading to the problem, but I'll let you know if I notice any behaviors directly related to the crash.
  • Prento
    Hi,

I am having the issue where my cavity maps and spec maps are inverted. When I apply a metal material such as steel to a sword for instance, instead of the dirt that is applied being dark it is light. I tried to do the same thing in the old Quixel Suite as opposed to 2.0 and it works fine, so it just appears to be in the 2.0 version. I am not getting any crashes at the moment though thankfully, it's just a pain is all.

Any help would be great thanks :)
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I need examples of what's happening in order to help diagnose this issue. Can you show me a step-by-step process of what you're doing which leads to this particular problem? Images of the input maps will help along with the final output maps and the steps taken to get to that point, so I can attempt to recreate it on my side. If you'd like to upload your files for me to look at, please place them on Filedropper.com and send me the link. :smile: 

Sorry about the trouble, guys!
  • Prento
    Hi! Sorry I have only just seen this, I am currently away and I will send you photos as soon as possible, thanks for the quick reply :)
  • Prento
    Right so for a start on the previous version of quixel suite the model looks like this: 

But on quixel suite 2.0 the model looks like this:

The materials just don't seem to apply properly in quixel suite 2.0. I am using the UE4 preset on both versions so it is using metalness and roughness maps, I can post all the maps that it creates/uses on here if it helps, it's not just the metal that is having an odd effect, the wood looks plastic and has no detail too, not really sure what I am doing wrong. On both versions the only input maps I am using to start off with are a Material ID map and an Ambient Occlusion Map as the mesh is fairly high poly.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are you loading a Suite 1.x project in Suite 2.x? If so, that's likely the root cause - Suite 2.x is currently incompatible with Suite 1.x due to massive changes in the software backend and material library functionality.
  • Prento
    No I started completely from scratch on both versions and had this issue :/
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Feel free to upload it to a host like Filedropper.com and I'd be glad to take a look at it for you. :smile: 
  • Prento
    That would be great thanks :D I will send you a link to the dropbox folder in a message :)