Home Technical Talk

Maya xgen guide size problem

montressor
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
montressor polycounter lvl 2
Dear All,

Happy new year!
I would like to ask is there any way to set the guide size length higher than 1 ?
My object length about 4-5000 units, and when I apply the xgen, its guide so small that it is completely unusable.
If I select the guides in the outliner and scale those up, the hair/fur also scales up. Could you help me, how can I set the guide size above 1 ?
thank you

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    guides representig the hair... but you could use a cut modifier afterwards to get smaller hair...
  • montressor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Oglu! But my problem is that the guides are much smaller than the represented hair. While the hair has normal length, the guide is so small you can think there is no guide, however in the outliner there are some. And meantime the hair shows correctly.

Hmm. It seems the guides grows inward the mesh...I checked the surface normals, it points outward from the surface. Why does it grow into my poly?
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    does this also happen on a small standard plane.?
  • montressor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No. It seems when I created the xgen description, the polygon was inside out. After I reversed the normal direction, but the xgen remains. So I removed the descripton and generated again. Now it works like a charm.
    Thank you very much for your help, and happy new year!