Home Technical Talk

Streaming 3D Artwork with Student Version of Maya

kevingamerartist
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,
So I have a quick question for you all. So I'm using the Student Version of Autodesk Maya, and I was wondering if that's okay to stream on websites such as Twitch?

I know it might sound like a silly question, but I have no idea if Autodesk or Twitch would have an issue with it, but my guess is that both of the companies probably won't care.

Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated, thank you :smile: 

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    What's the purpose of streaming then? Any commercial interest on your part?

I'm guessing it won't be any issue if your answer is No.
    But I suppose Twitch is commercializing on it in some manner, so technically you are probably breaking some EULA paragraph. I've never heard of similar things being an issue though. If anything Autodesk is probably appreciating that you are giving their software positive(I'm guessing?) exposure.
  • kevingamerartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
    I'm not looking into any commercial interest at all while I stream using the Student Version of Maya. I was just wondering if it's okay to stream using the Student Version, but I know when I checked last night I saw one other person streaming using the Student Version of Maya as well.

I just checked on Twitch just now, and I saw someone else also streaming with the Student Version as well.