Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vintage record player

jsargent
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jsargent polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys, I have been playing around with making a vintage record player. This is the high poly render in max, I will be low poly and baking soon.

recordplayerrendertest2copy_zpsa84dc2ee.jpg

Replies

• pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    looks great, keep going. Why does it have a disc slot? Really this is a thing?
  • jsargent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it is :) It actually has a cassette and usb slot too but I didn't want to add those! :)
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gobliness polycounter lvl 4
    I don't know if you can call it vintage when it has a disc slot, but I actually really like the appeal of this rendition.

Your high turned out nice, can't wait to see the low poly bake of this!
  • jsargent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, I have finally got around to working on this asset after leaving it for quite a while!  I'm using it to learn substance painter.  Here is the low poly bake with a start on my textures! :)  It still has a long way to go but I've tried to block out all of the base materials.  I'm going to try to get this in to a creepy little scene at some point only using substance painter for texturing.  Really enjoying the program so far :)

• afdave14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afdave14 polycounter lvl 4
    Looks great!

Long shot here... Would you be able to explain your workflow? I've been trying to figure out how to map my high poly onto my low poly mesh on a buzz lightyear character I've modeled. Most I can do is bake just an AO map (1024^2) in SD. Anything else just crashes.

Also, when I try to load my high poly mesh info to bake onto the low poly model in SP, nothing seems to happen. Well, something happens but it appears only the low poly mesh is being baked.

I'm pretty lost..

Anyway great work!
  • jsargent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi AFDAVE14, to be honest I don't know enough about painter yet to help you with this without seeing it.  Have you tried posting in the technical talk forum or posting in a thread for more help?

Little update from me, starting to get stuff in to unreal 4 and get a little scene blocked out.  I'd like to do a really dusty old attic window with some little story to the things found up there:

• Jack M.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. interpolator
    Looking really good. I think the color grading you have in UE4 is kind of killing the work you put into the textures though.