Home Technical Talk

How to make a belt and beltholder in Zbrush?

Farina
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Farina polycounter lvl 4
Helllo,

i want to make a belt and the holder, that holds the belt on a jeans, but i dont know how to do, both things in zbrush?

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Mask-extraction would be really quick, or the topology brush if you want it to be cleaner. They main forms are all pretty basic shapes when you break them down. Just get some thin rectangular strips going for the holders and then sculpt some fabric detail and stitching onto them.
  • Farina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Farina polycounter lvl 4
    thank you,

but how i can attached the holders to the jeans? If i dynamesh, it dynameshes all togehter
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Is there some reason you don't want to use a separate subtool?
  • Farina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Farina polycounter lvl 4
    hello,

yes! i want to keep it realistic, like on an original jeans. There are no seperate holders, on a jeans
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Depends on how you think about it. Each belt loop is a separate piece of cloth which has been folded and stitched to the rest of the garment. There's no reason to have to model it all as one big piece of geometry, especially if it makes it more difficult for you to achieve the same visual end result.

Just use separate subtools for the loops. They shouldn't inter-penetrate the main jeans anyway, and the extra detail available to each belt loop will be useful to you.
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah I'd separate them as well.
    But, if you really want, you can turn "group" option under DynaMesh menu, it will SPLIT and KEEP separate poly grouped objects from DynaMeshing together as long as it is turned on.
  • Farina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Farina polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you so much guys, for the help, it really helps me!

At the moment , my biggest problem is the workflow for a belt... yes, it sounds soo easy, to ouse the strapcurvebrush, but after that, i had big problems.

Here is my workflow and the break:

1. On the jeansobject, i use the curvestrapbrush
    2. I use crease, to hold the form, when i subdivide
    3. start to work on that belt?

I found it hard, to NOT destroy the form, when sculpting. When i use pinch or other brushes.
  • Internet Friend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Internet Friend polycounter lvl 9
    After you make the strap go into the Polygroup menu and use Group by Normal to break it up into front, back, and side groups. Then you can ctrl+click to mask out the parts you're not working on.

Under the brush menu, Auto Masking, are the Backface Masking and Mask by Polygroups options that are useful when working with thin subtools.