Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elektra Remastered

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
Hey Guys,

I remastered another one of my older characters. I've been remastering most of my older pieces this year with varying degrees of updates. This time, however, the remastering treatment was far more extensive than my previous efforts thus far. I took the original Elektra asset that was created for the comic con challenge back in 2009 and rebuilt her almost from scratch. The asset was resculpted, remolded, retextured, and given current gen PBR calibrated materials. Despite the upgrade the spirit of the original design is mostly intact, save for a few design enhancements that were added in the remaster treatment. Below are the final results.

By the way, you can check out the original version from 2009 here: http://marcusdublin.homestead.com/ElektraOriginal2009Version1.html

Overall this was a fun exercise and I hope to remaster some of my other works whenever I have time. It's great to see an older piece given a new artistic lease on life.

Elektra_Beauty_Render.jpg
Elektra_Portrait_Render.jpg
Elektra_TT_Render.jpg
Elektra_Group_Render.jpg
Elektra_TT_Unlit_Render.jpg
Elektra_TT_Wires_Render_01.jpg
Elektra_TT_Wires_Render_02.jpg
Elektra_Sculpt_Render.jpg

You can find additional construction images on my website: http://marcusdublin.homestead.com/ElektraModelPage.html

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Excellent version 2.0, his face looks awesome :D:D

Good Job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Excellent version 2.0, his face looks awesome :D:D

Good Job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks, although, it's a she and not a h:poly121:e.
  • Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    For me, she will always be a he with big Boobs :D:D
  • jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    Everything is very well executed. My only issue is the material choice for her top, head wrap, and loin cloth. It looks too velvety and soft. If that's what your going for, it's your preference. But I think something a little bit glossier like leather might suit her better. Everything else looks top notch. Great work.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, I remember when you were working on this in 2009 and how impressed I was with your speed to completion. Def. was an inspiration to me, very cool to see you putting some more love into these. Great work as always!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel For me, she will always be a he with big Boobs

:poly121:
    Hey man, I remember when you were working on this in 2009 and how impressed I was with your speed to completion. Def. was an inspiration to me, very cool to see you putting some more love into these. Great work as always!

Wow, I'm flattered that you still remembered this piece. It's great to see you still active on the boards btw.
    jhoythottle Everything is very well executed. My only issue is the material choice for her top, head wrap, and loin cloth. It looks too velvety and soft. If that's what your going for, it's your preference. But I think something a little bit glossier like leather might suit her better. Everything else looks top notch. Great work.

The areas of the costume you noted are made of cotton. I wanted to create as much material variety as possible, which is why I didn't go with a predominately leather outfit. That said, I'm glad you liked it regardless.Thanks.