Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bar/Small Arcade Reupholster! WIP Critique's Please!

Sullum97
polycounter lvl 6

Replies

• BenjaminoFree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenjaminoFree polycounter lvl 4
    The brick texture is very distracting from the whole piece. It doesn't really look like it has much depth and it is very noticeable where the texture seems are
  • Bruno Afonseca
    The lighting looks really odd to me, which other light sources you have other than the sun coming from the windows? I see a blueish light on the countertops and on the floor but can't tell where it's coming from.
    Also JPEG compression is not helping you much...
    Which engine is this on?
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sullum97 polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys, the brick texture is just a placeholder, I am definitely going to change it. This is on marmoset Bruno! As far as lights go I have one sunlight and some bouncelight, for the blue lights it's more just for the depth of the scene, the backdoor is open and light is flooding in. I'll be sure to adjust accordingly! They are png's tho from marmo so idk if the compression was somewhere in the upload to imgur but it seems okay on my end. I'll be sure to triple check before my next upload! Thanks again guys cheers and have a lovely week!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Stavaas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
    Looking better man, but I really think you should work on your wall textures. Try breaking up the wall by having different textures for different places on the wall. Like from the ground up to the window, you can have vertical planks, and then the bricks from that point up. I think that's going to feel more natural, and make the walls more interesting as well.
  • Jack M.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. interpolator
    I think your modeling and texturing is fine, but your lighting is not good. It's looking so flat it almost looks like you took a render in UE4 using the unlit mode.

There's a couple things you can do to remedy this.

The first thing is enabling Distance field ambient occlusion (project settings>Rendering>Generate Mesh Distance fields).

The second is messing with temperature. try adjusting it to get a more interesting lighting.

Do you have a skylight in the scene? Do you have a post process volume in the scene? Those two things should really help correct some of these issues.
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Jack this is actually in marmoset not in unreal so unfortunately those are things that i can not do. But I'll do my best to apply the theories into marmoset to make it better. Thanks for the critique!