Home Technical Talk

Curve Editor is hiding...

Hello polycount community!

I'm fairly new to 3DS Max and I'm having a slight issue and it seems to only effect my one file (works with new or other files). I'm trying to open my Curve Editor but the Window won't show. I've tried right clicking and hitting "Curve Editor..." and even the button on the top bar doesn't do anything. That button at the top however does say "Curve Editor (Open)", so that leads me to believe that it is open somewhere off my screen. I've tried using the Homme 3D Reset Windows but that didn't do much either. Interestingly enough, I only have this issue on my main computer, and the ones I use at school work fine. I'm wondering if there's another way of resetting all your windows. I'm using the 2016 version, thank you!

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Couple things you can do.

1. Graph Editors > New Track View. Right click the title bar, pick Load Layout, Function Curve Layout.
    2. Re-open the file to close the missing curve editor, Graph Editors > Delete Track View, select all Track views from the list. Then go to Track View Curve Editor to open a new Curve Editor.

This happens when you use monitors of different resolutions with the same file. If one PC has a large resolution or multiple monitors and you put the curve editor there, then it'll save that location and open there again.
  • Arpeggio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been using two monitors, one which has a higher resolution, so that makes sense. Thank you so much! I've been able to make a new Track View that with your first option there. Much easier to work with this than the Mini Curve Editor...
    Thanks again!
  • shliosas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shliosas polycounter lvl 11
    monster said:
    Couple things you can do.

1. Graph Editors > New Track View. Right click the title bar, pick Load Layout, Function Curve Layout.
    2. Re-open the file to close the missing curve editor, Graph Editors > Delete Track View, select all Track views from the list. Then go to Track View Curve Editor to open a new Curve Editor.

This happens when you use monitors of different resolutions with the same file. If one PC has a large resolution or multiple monitors and you put the curve editor there, then it'll save that location and open there again.
    You are awesome !