Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Last of Us Kitchen Fan Art Critique Please!

Sullum97
polycounter lvl 6

Replies

• JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
    The lighting looks very washed out. It looks like it needs more contrast in the scene, making it have no focus points. The environment looks pretty good but he lighting seems to let it down, nice work up to now though!
  • mrgesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrgesy polycounter lvl 7
    I agree with JordanLeigh, its difficult to make out anything in the scene. Nothing grabs attention and the lighting is dull. The materials all look like they have no spec/roughness attributes, making it difficult to separate elements at first glance.
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sullum97 polycounter lvl 6
    Alrighty excellent I'll be sure to work on that thank you very much for the feedback!!!
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    I think one thing that would help right away is to take another look at the scale of the wear on your materials. For example, in this image, why are the scratches on the countertop so large, and why are they positioned there? In real life, they'd probably be a lot smaller (unless someone like, attacked the countertop, which I guess is a possibility) and they'd also have a wear pattern that's more concentrated along edges.
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    I agree with these guys on the lighting. I also think the scene needs a focal point, a hero piece - right now, it's a rough collection of destroyed objects in a kitchenette. Maybe an open fridge, a crashed in car, anything really, just make it an interesting place for the eye to go.

Also, is this in an engine, or prerendered??
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys thanks for the critiques. I'll be sure to take a look at the scale of the damage. My hero props are planning on being the duffle bag, bat, and backpack area. I've also dialed back the ivy it was way too much and i didn't even realize it! ty again! cheers
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    If your hero piece is the duffel bag and bat, make them a different colour from the rest of the scene so they stand out a bit more. The bat for example could be a white-ish wood that is dirty and scuffed rather than the red/orange it is now, e.g.

tumblr_ma4fa2eNJ91qzzh6g.jpg

The duffel bag could be blue instead since there's nothing blue in the scene. Would contrast with red too.

Maybe add a camping lamp in there to give it a bright spot, maybe a coleman lamp?

lampa__45681_zoom.jpg

And lighting improvements will help too of course.
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome ty so much for the feedback! I'll be sure to do those things! Cheers!