Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A Grim Situation

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
(don't know why I originally posted in low poly thread)

Just finished up an Unreal Game Jam.
4 days, 5 guys... Didn't get everything in game we wanted to but we are planning on finalizing it.

A Grim Situation
[url]sorry someone removed link...
(this isn't finished but everything works)

two player co-op. need a controller, windows. (you CAN play Grim and finish game solo if you just want to check it out alone- it's just not a challenge)

Grim has to find souls (eventually kill villager to get souls) and take them to their graves. 5 per grave before time limit runs out.

Priest has to save souls by killing them and stopping Grim from reaching the max souls before timer runs out.

Some shots of the work I did and Tim's concepts (Tim modelled Grim, I textured, I did the other ai/textures/anims). With the time crunch I tried to make the characters as modular as possible.

I've got one male body, one female, 1 head, 2 hairs. 3 male textures, 3 female, 1 priest, 1 priest hat, and 2 hair skins. All use the same rig (except ghost), and same anims: idle , walk, 1 attack for priest, one for grim (the death anim didn't get in- the villagers are supposed to get head hacked of by reaper and turn to ghost). The monkey skin was kind of an inside joke that came about during development.

ConceptArt_Grim_TimFangon.jpg
Fix%20texture_scale%20grim%20copy.jpg
new%20head.jpg
ai%20skins.jpg

Due to time constraints and the fact I've only been using Unreal for about a week I decided to do the old cel shade hack of inverting the mesh, pushing it and painting it black. I am going to make a proper cel shader for optimization, that'll cut character polycounts in half.[/url]

Replies

• Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Happy to Announce we took second place out of 60 entries.

We've spent the last week slowly updating the game.

We now have cool down bars for abilities, higher poly meshes for the two main characters and I've modeled a new knight from a new concept. I'll post later.

We are adding a mini map and working on online co-op.

We'll be replacing all free stock art assets with our own in time.

The winners are announced at 18:15
    http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/v/16480921