Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Grand Train Station Environment UE4

photonarbiter
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
photonarbiter polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone! I'm working on recreating this concept : FoOwheY.jpg for my game environments class in Unreal Egnine 4. My goals for this project are to learn modular texturing and improve my skills at recreating the concept art.

Here's a screenshot of the initial block out.ViaDcml.jpg

And the current state that its in right now.zvuxwG6.jpgZE2aePa.jpg

Replies

• photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone its been a while. Here's an update on where I'm at at the moment with my scene. I haven't had as much time to devote to it as I was hoping to but I'm happy with the progress I have made so far. Learning a lot on this one. y6yN6JS.jpglGTVm95.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot I was able to learn how to make nice looking glass. I'm trying to get more into the Material system and play with Fresnel and Lerps and all of that good stuff. uG2nwp5.jpgqHqEY5f.jpg
    That's all for this update. I'll be back with a closer to final set of scerenshots soon I promise!
  • GrungyStudios
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    well that went from 0 to 100 real quick.. block out to gorgeous :P
    Looks good so far.. those sunrays are a little much but this is really coming together keep up the good work
  • sloppymess
    Offline / Send Message
    sloppymess polycounter lvl 8
    You're off to a nice start! But I think over-all you're lighting could use some tweaking. The concept has a nice range of dark-mid-light tones while yours so far at least is primarily very bright with no place for the eye to rest. But that might just be me, who knows :P Keep it up!
  • photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks you guys! I didn't notice the comments before. Sorry about that. I will post more screenshots tonight. I spent a lot of my time on other things for class but I did make some progress. It should be done soon though. I've been experimenting with better lighting and I'd like to hear what you think of the new one. Expect a post tonight. ☺
  • AngryMindtricks
    Adding on top of the lighting comments you've got so far, I'd try and focus on where your main focus in this piece is... as right now you've got god rays fighting with the green terminal light things (not sure what they are?) along with the reflection off the floor...
    perhaps drop the bloom a little too, great start though!
  • Luxap
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxap polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking good so far! can't really add anything to this, the only thing I can say is watch out with those godrays, find some real life ref and try to scale it as such.
    Looking forward to more progress! =D
  • photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys I really appreciate the feedback. Here's an update on where it was last month before Christmas break. Later in the semester I'm going to go back to this one and add props and clean up the scene. I do have a few things I'd like some advice with though. As you'll see in the screenshots below there are lighting issues with my interior windows. It seems like they aren't being properly shaded and I can't figure out what's causing the issue.(3rd image) WxSDZ58.jpgxZPUI1J.jpgVnN2dXc.jpgqR95lns.jpgWO9EYFv.jpggMa0q32.jpg1Ju8GcU.jpg
  • photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    I also forgot to mention that all of the screens have a placeholder image just to give me an idea of how things might look. There's a lot of placeholder stuff and some of the props aren't Uved properly yet but overall with the amount of time I had for it I'm happy with where I got. I'm most likely going to finalize it in March. But if I make any changes I'll be sure to share them here. This is my second full size environment so I'm still adjusting to a lot of new workflow stuff but overall this project came together many times faster than my previous one.
  • photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone! I hope your summers have been good. I've been spending the last week or so reworking the environment a bit. I decided to clean up the materials and finish modeling a lot of the things that were incomplete in the scene. I'm going to add some kind of litter to help make the space feel like it's actually been used. Here are the latest screenshots. v78pXun.jpg66J9Rgv.jpgAqTwc53.jpgKfcw78S.jpgCd7TIAz.jpgpkHTV7i.jpg