Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Werewolf

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JonConley polycounter lvl 8
Relatively new to sculpting really, I've worked on maybe 3-4 models that I've sculpted and I have never completed a character, my last sculpt was a mostly complete anatomy study (that still wasn't the greatest) but now I have decided I want to make a werewolf.

[Latest]
p8T5hYq.png

[OLD]
Left to touch up and get the main features in:
forearms with some touch up on the upper arm (the lower arm bows a bit, that needs fixed)
legs, need to define the upper leg muscles, relatively happy with the calf area (maybe some more definition)
lower part
feet
obviously there is a missing head, that is the part I think I will have the absolute most trouble on.

ZwsI6dp.png

WhqtMAf.png

UohJhmv.png

There are quite a few refs that I've been looking at. A few human muscle ref sheets along with a wolf ref sheet (that will mostly be used for the feet, lower leg and head). Along with some concepts of different types of werewolves.

woflie1.jpg

Is more of what I am going for, just a bit bulkier. Not quite a tank and not something that is super agile.

Replies

• JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated proportions a bit, and then had to fix a driver I wrote for the pen display I have (monoprice's 22 inch pen display which didn't have any drivers for windows 8 and zbrush doesn't support window's ink api). Fixed the driver's so that pressure sensitivity actually works now so got to work on the head some tonight also. Still need to fix up the legs and make another pass at the arms.

1AePmQf.png

Silhouette
    pJEabw1.png
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some work done on the head. I was really afraid of this part and after a couple redos I ended up with something that I actually am getting pretty happy with

waJkGNy.png
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After some suggestions from people in the noob challenge skype group I went ahead and redid a lot of the anatomy for the arms, shoulders and pecs. I did a bit of work on the quads and want to do work on the calves next. I also used zremesher and subdivided the head a few times to get rid of some of the lumpiness.

5mv5oeV.png

9jsTkoH.png

wlBJBEf.png

p8T5hYq.png
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    Coming along. I suggest you use a more natural pose. There's no need for him to be so stiff if this is for learning purposes. The reference you posted has a lot of gesture.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy wrote: »
    Coming along. I suggest you use a more natural pose. There's no need for him to be so stiff if this is for learning purposes. The reference you posted has a lot of gesture.

Thanks for responding. I do plan on trying to rig him eventually, although I've only done this once and it was probably 5-6 years ago, so will have to learn that as well. With that taken into account I will probably have to rotate the hands and arms a bit.