Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robobeast

Hi All,

I want to share a new personal project I'm working on, based on an inspiration from Keith Thompson illustrations.

I just finished the Hi-Poly Model and started to prepare the low-poly one for texturing with Quixel suite... many updates soon!
Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

Ged

robobeast_01jpg

robobeast_02jpg

robobeast_04jpg

robobeast_05jpg

Replies

• _Ged_
    Here below the low poly version (with baked normal and occlusion map).

robobeast_03.jpg
  • Bummer6
    Offline / Send Message
    Bummer6 polycounter lvl 15
    That is really freakin' awesome! Reminds me of those old robot toys I had as a kid. ^^
  • _Ged_
    Thanks man, the original concept from K.Thompson was only about the frontal part, so it is quite similar but all the rest I re-construct with my fantasy.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Hey Ged! nice model. It looks a bit like if it fired the gun it would end up sitting on its bum, maybe if the legs were posed it would look more stable. What is the thing under the front middle, kinda looks like the head of a transformer or something? How big is this thing? some more scale cues(doors windows, hatches, lights etc) would be nice, Im thinking its about the size of a small tank as the rivets, netting and spring are rather large.
  • _Ged_
    Hey Ged! Thanks for your feedback, as I said I've started the work from a concept of K.Thompson, in his book he mentioned the robot ability to use his claws to maintain the position while it's shooting. About the rear part I decided to model a sort of box with a machine gun and some seats: I used a 3dsmax biped to study proportions and to have a crew of 2 passengers.

I attached some additionals screenshots to show this part.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    thats cool, so it is quite a small vehicle then, at first I thought it was like the size of a huge truck or something. looking forward to the texturing :)
  • _Ged_
    Hi all, I know that a long time is passed out but I could go back to work only recently on this project. Here below some texturing screenshots :)