Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Drone - Feedback/ideas

polycounter lvl 5

Replies

• Asim7
    Offline / Send Message
    Asim7 polycounter lvl 9
    Nice design and normal maps, love the rust/dirt on the side :)
    Any idea what the two center "pipes" do? They are confusing me abit, i was thinking some kind of gun?
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 11
    Im having a very hard time with the shapes. Figure out what it is or does
  • seandxyz
    Offline / Send Message
    seandxyz polycounter lvl 5
    where towards the rear? the whole thing is designed to transform... sentry turret mode and fast flight mode or w/e, still yet to do the central mechanism and cannon, second i grab a quick render of the 2 forms..

n35kys.jpg

so the whole central piece collapses in, when its open a cannon will emerge through the front
    the back pieces are shaped like that so that they can collapse in without hitting the engine mount arms to the rear, but yes completely a work in progress, its much much harder to create something original, spent hours on end even sketching / thinking how it would work, and look realistic , few more parts to add yet though :)
  • Asim7
    Offline / Send Message
    Asim7 polycounter lvl 9
    Ooooooh i din't see that at all from the previous screens, makes alot more sence now and wow looks great!
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Get the mechanical parts in and then it might make more sense, some of the details just look like they are there for show and have no function eg all those diagonal squares on the sides? are they air vents or just shapes?
  • seandxyz
    Offline / Send Message
    They will be vents yes... but yeah like i said still work in progress, that is basically the main blocks of the thing, will finish off basic blocks then work on more detail, everything indeed has a function, front vents to provide more air/coolant to the main engine block(yet to be made) or divert variable airflow through the front vents to the front side vents, giving it more stability at speed as more of it will pass over the wings or provide more air to the side wing vents, heat sinks on the thrusters etc. i have thought a bit but at this point in time its hard to see what I'm going for without more definition...... working on it ;)
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    cool look forward to the progress, the first shots look well rendered so its hard to not think of it as close to finished haha
  • seandxyz
    Offline / Send Message
    Initial Concept : 2cprst1.jpg

Asset in Unity5 : 2ldc1fn.jpg