Home Technical Talk

Best tool for box modeling into zbrush/sculptris?

So basically I am looking for a tool with some easy to use box modeling, which I'd then use mostly for paintovers in PS or some light sculpting.

I've had some experience with 3dsmax and maya in the past, but those tools are far too expensive (and too much!) for what I plan to use them for.

Suggestions?

Replies

• JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    Blender, Modo, Silo if you want to take the chance that they'll ever update it again, Wings3d can all do what you want. Probably out of them all Blender has the steepest learning curve. Blender and Wings3d are both free and Silo is pretty cheap. Modo is less expensive than Max and Maya but still pretty expensive; or, you could try Modo Indie which is a more reasonable price. Between Blender and Modo I think I've had fewer crashes out of Blender. Haven't used Silo or Wings at all actually but it seems like they could do what you want.
  • Daedalius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually remember using Silo at some point before... are they not updating it anymore?

Edit: I actually used Silo in the Darksiders 2 competition, it is a program I really liked!

Think I might actually buy it this time, haha.
  • DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zbrush can do box modeling with its 4R7 Zmodeler brush