Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Eren's titan form [Attack on Titan]

Bummer6
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Bummer6 polycounter lvl 15
I've been a fan of the anime for a long time now and I finally decided to sculpt Eren as a titan. So far I've mainly just been trying to figure out his facial anatomy and stuff. Any comments and criticism is welcome!

eren.png

Replies

• Bummer6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Am I doing this right? I've never done hair like this before, and I'm just kinda winging it at the moment. I wasn't all that happy with the result, so I'll probably end up redoing it, but I thought I'd post it anyway so you guys can steer me in the right direction. Also, I'm probably going to change a lot of stuff in the face as well (giving him a larger mouth for example), so keep that in mind.

hair.png
  • drysider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drysider polycounter lvl 9
    This is looking cool!

I think his face could use a bit of tweaking to more match Eren... Titan Eren has really sharp, chiseled features, a really strong chin and jaw line. I feel like your jaw line, while more realistic, is a bit too soft for him, especially the chin which should be squarer. His ears should be longer and more pointed as well.

I think if you really exaggerated the corners of his mouth it would improve him too. His mouth looks good now as it is but the character is already super out of proportion and exaggerated so maybe push that look more in your sculpt?

Hair is looking okay! Are you going to use hair cards or sculpt the hair more?
  • Bummer6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drysider wrote: »
    This is looking cool!

I think his face could use a bit of tweaking to more match Eren... Titan Eren has really sharp, chiseled features, a really strong chin and jaw line. I feel like your jaw line, while more realistic, is a bit too soft for him, especially the chin which should be squarer. His ears should be longer and more pointed as well.

I think if you really exaggerated the corners of his mouth it would improve him too. His mouth looks good now as it is but the character is already super out of proportion and exaggerated so maybe push that look more in your sculpt?

Hair is looking okay! Are you going to use hair cards or sculpt the hair more?

Thank you for your advice! I'll deffinately keep all that in mind tomorrow when I make some changes to the face.

I honestly don't know what I'll end up doing with the hair at this point. Considering my aim is to make a low-poly model out of this, I think I'll leave the hair strips and keep the details in the texturing rather than sculpting it.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    you should change your topic name as it's HUGE spoiler of the anime :/
  • Bummer6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow wrote: »
    you should change your topic name as it's HUGE spoiler of the anime :/

Haha, if you have a suggestion for a title that wouldn't spoil the anime then please feel free to share. The anime is over two years old now, I'm not going to name the thread something like "scary monster from popular anime" just because someone, somewhere might not have seen it yet. I'm sorry if you hadn't seen it, but I name my threads so that you can find them easily using the search function.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Well it's a huge lack of respect, you can just name it "Attack on titan fanart
    " It's not that hard.

also it's not like it was a small spoiler, this is two HUGE spoiler.
  • Jakub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakub interpolator
    So far model is going in a good way.

I have to agreee with Odow, just because anime is 2 years old, doesn't mean throwing spoilers everywhere is alright. Imagine you never seen Game of Thrones and suddenly someone throws a huge spoiler on you :D
  • Bummer6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made some changes to the face. Mostly I just made the jawline more pronounced, but I also adjusted a few things here and there.

eren2.png

Hair is still being a major pain in the ass. I still have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm just redoing it over and over hoping to stumble over something that looks half decent. This is where I'm at right now. To me it just looks like a wig.
    hair2.png
    hair3.png