Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dune Character

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
curubor polycounter lvl 4
Hi all, I'm working on this sci-fi character from the awesome concept by Bruno Gauthier Leblanc.

Still in progress so feel free to give feedback.

TkxUnCp.jpg

CbCcNBG.jpg

ZbYGPB1.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks good so far man! Your guy looks a lot less bulky than the concept tho. Not sure if that's intentional. Arms are thinner, upper thigh, the waist and midsection needs a bit of love to match the concept more, and I think the hips in general need some more work to be anatomically correct. Also, you could bring the nub (forhead area) down and forward more I believe. That bottom crack sits around the brow, in yours its much higher and looks a bit awkward. Anyway, its very cool so far and I think you have done a great job creating a pieceing together all the forms. Looks very clean at this state.
  • curubor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    curubor polycounter lvl 4
    BradMyers82 thanks for the comment. I intentionally made the model with more realistic propprtions compared to the concept which kind of has super hero propotrions(small lower body, big upper body and small head)..I see what you mean about the helmet though..I will fix it, thanks:).. The armor needs some more work..Glad you liked it.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    ah ok. I just got the feeling from the concept that the padding was very thick and the legs looking smaller below the knee was due to perspective (although I admit the perspective looks a bit wonky there). I honestly feel the proportions in the concept are more realistic given the explanation above, but its your model and I'm sure you have a vision in mind. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more man!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    personally i'd remodel all the metalparts, atm it looks a lot like cosplayarmor, made from rubber or something like that
  • joymepls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message