Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aged magnum revolver (WIP)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, well after life took multiple shits on me I am back at 3d. Nothing can stop the dream ;) Anyways here i have a magnum, based of .357 you can say, but i decided to add some things to the design to make it unique. Im trying to make it seem like it is very aged and has some history to it. Right now i am struggling on my materials, gun material doesnt read well and my wood looks like shit i know

I am working with pbr with a specular/roughness combo, (would metalness of been more appropriate?) gun is on a 2k map scope is on 1k.

Textures are wip and any critiques and advice would be appreciated. I am open to making drastic changes to the texture if it will overall improve it, so any ideas would be great. I'm really trying to up the quality of my work.

screenshot009.png

screenshot010.png

screenshot011.png

screenshot012.png

and heres where i added some tape on the handle and as well as some bullets, looks bad right now but i just wanted to see how the idea would look, most likely will not keep it on the gun

screenshot013.png

screenshot014.png

also wires

screenshot007.png

again any feedback and critique is appreciated thank you

Replies

• katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Is there a particular style you are trying to go for? If it's realistic, then the metal comes off as blobby and needs to be tightened up. The wood looks OK.

Not really sure why the sling buckles are there.

With the bullet holder...putting it into a holster would be impractical.

And the top strap (The piece above the chamber) looks too thin.

But for all this feedback, I really think you have an interesting design that shows potential.
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
    The images are all thumbnails I can't see anything :s