Automag Pistol + concept ,once started in 2012. Restarted again in 2015

First Image (2012)
Automag%252520V%252520Sheet.jpg

Replies

• TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Im no hard surface modeller so cant really critique the actual gun but i think the rosary beads around the trigger is a really cool idea and the handle would look awesome if you pulled it off :D
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The front of the barrel looks like it's pointing a couple degrees downward, something about losing the top of the barrel makes it look like it's crooked. I love the rosary and the grip, though, good stuff.
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vangre polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you for the comments :)

29fpe1f.jpg
    changed some stuff with the feedback I already received gun is thicker , grip rounder and a slightly change of the barrel as well
  • mr gelmir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr gelmir polycounter lvl 10
    good job, but your grip seems tapered to the bottom, would be difficult to hold I guess.
    I'm actually wondering what you're talking about when you say you'll hand-paint the normals.
    great concept as well!
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ty ,
    yes about the normal map : after a conversation I had today concerning the dota contest I'll just make the high-poly version of the gun and do the normal maps with that version then, but extra details on the normal maps i'll add in photoshop with the normal map plugin.
  • frostraver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frostraver polycounter lvl 9
    You should look at some reference for that red dot sight or whatever that is. It's much wider in real life. It won't be possible to get a steady aim with this if you would 'use' it
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been almost 3 years since I've updated this thread ^^ Yesterday I decided it was time to restart this forgotten project from scratch.
    The one thing I left behind on this concept is the dot sight, since it doesn't have any practical use.
    Anyway, my intention is to create a rusty, used pistol in combination with the grip ornament & the rosary.

Current WIP:
    RenderWip.png
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added a grip ornament in the texture and currently working on the rosary.

Screenshot6.jpg
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Latest Update:
    First intention was to create the rosary chains with MassFX, which worked.
    When the position of the chain links were where I wanted them to be, I decided to make a cord instead, as it came out better in the renders.

The beads are bigger than the previous version + each side of the bead has its own smoothing group, which gives the effect I want in the specular.

At last I changed some stuff on the texture maps.
    RENDER_AUTOMAGII.png
  • Vangre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [SKETCHFAB]da3fc132fe774a9697f60641332c3433[/SKETCHFAB]