Home General Discussion

Online Courses

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Gallamanji polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what on-line courses there are out there for 3D Environment Art?

I just came across this Futurepoly http://www.futurepoly.com/3DModelingOnline.aspx and it looks incredible, is this the best one out there? Does anyone know much else about it?

I know a lot of people suggest not "wasting money" on online courses, but I'm just curious.

Replies

• slipsius
    https://www.gnomon.edu/
    http://training.cgsociety.org/

are the two main ones i know of. Lots of people say dont waste money on school, but online courses like this, taught my current industry vets, to me, is a great idea if you`re lookin to improve. You`ll learn a crap ton
  • MisterSande
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    I have taken a cgsociety course in the past and looking back the course material was not good at all.

I'm actually currently in the Futurepoly class and it has been a great experience so far. The difference in course material is vast and the student teacher interaction is great. Really can recommend this to anyone.

Also, www.uartsy.com for the win! They actually are about to start a new game art related course so check that one out.

Gnomon, eat3d, 3dmotive etc. Are all great sites. HUGE shout out to my man David Lesperance who has teached me allot of awesome things :)
  • Syzero
    I did FuturePoly online class. Is worth it, so i suggest you to attend asap :D
  • Gallamanji
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallamanji polycounter lvl 7
    I have taken a cgsociety course in the past and looking back the course material was not good at all.

I'm actually currently in the Futurepoly class and it has been a great experience so far. The difference in course material is vast and the student teacher interaction is great. Really can recommend this to anyone.

Also, www.uartsy.com for the win! They actually are about to start a new game art related course so check that one out.

Gnomon, eat3d, 3dmotive etc. Are all great sites. HUGE shout out to my man David Lesperance who has teached me allot of awesome things :)

Awesome thanks :) cool to hear you're on the futurepoly one at the moment, I'm hoping to join the next one in six months, what's the application process like? Is it quite hard to get on to?

Also, do you highly recommend uartsy? Because i could be willing to join the game art apprentiship one if its worth the price tag.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    if you are going for uartsy.com you also might want to look in to digital tutors. Altho they may not be as good artists as others but they have more sort of online tutorials and resources.

I did have a similar question regarding gnomon online. Is there any list of the artist we can follow to know how it turned out to be? The program I mean.
  • Ott
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I hear 3dmotive has some awesome game art tutorials. And check my sig for a killer discount! :D