polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
SH4DOWM4NTIZ polycounter lvl 8
UPDATE:

E0eTMvX.jpg
FmDwEXI.jpg
DQlUXzp.jpg

Hi Polycounters,

posting some screenshots of the blockout for an environment i am creating at the moment to get some feedback and critique in the process.

It is inspired by an area from the last Prince of Persia game, Razia's Realm.

Razias_Realm_TFS.png

LO2uvfW.jpg
kJOcHsi.jpg
N9CDa55.jpg

Replies

• WesleyArthur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice! It's got a good scale and feel to it.

I'm assuming you're going to add some wear and tear into the scene? And break up some of the repetitive railings. (That's not a criticism, as you've said it's a blockout, haha).

Are you planning on putting some subtle references to the original in there? I always like to see that when something is reinvented!
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    Looks great so far, definitely feels persian so far. My eyes are drawn to the repeated railings, but as it's your blockout I'm sure you'll be coming back to them :)
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a good while since I started the thread, but unfortunately I haven't had as much time as i would have liked to work on this :/

Thanks a lot for the comments Wesley and Holly :) I will definitely keep an eye on the ceilings and give some variation when I am doing the proper model. I defintely want to do some sculpting to chip away some edges and add some wear and tear.

As far as references go I don't have really have much on my mind at the moment. The wall fountains on the lower level were basically inspired by the ones in the game, where you save the game or restore your health (not sure anymore if they were in the latest one, but definitely in the previous ones). I will see if i can come up with anything else :)

Soooo...some images, here are some high poly renders of the gazebo and fountain in the center of the scene, hopefully getting a sculpting pass sometime soon^^

f8S5YFr.jpg
    GoTpvUg.jpg
    FvUemOb.jpgyKUHh35.jpg
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Looking great so far!
  • AngryMindtricks
    amazing detail! any chance to get some wireframes or a small breakdown on how you achieved those details of your last post? :D
  • Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheathem polycounter lvl 6
    I'm with Angry, some breakdowns would be awesome! And your highpolys already look great but you said your waiting to get some sculpting in, do you use sculpting for just wear and tear?
  • desktoppirate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    desktoppirate polycounter lvl 13
    Really nice man :D You planning on adding any further details to the semi circle above the doors on the pavilion? Its quite a nice resting place for the eye at the moment, but at the same time feels like its missing something.
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for the comments everyone :D

Here are some wireframes, sorry for the resolution, just took these as screengrabs out of max.

EZhShFX.jpg
    52Olyud.jpg
    T2Hv4Ar.jpg
    yZ4ADUL.jpg

@AngryMindtricks: Nothing to fancy in terms of modelling, lots of rendered splines and edge modelling. Bend modifier, FFD or the conform brush on top. Is there anything in specific you would like broken down? :)

@Cheathem: Yes, i mainly use sculpting to to wear and tear, but im also planning to do some tiling trim textures with it.

@desktoppirate: Cheers Bryn, definitely agree, was planning to do something similair to this:

2hHk4b2.jpg

So this would be coming in once i do the textures.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    really nice art
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going slow, but just a little update with a high poly of the balustrade:

GWPBJZi.jpg

5h2Qkq9.jpg
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Loving this! Makes me mad though.....

Can anybody tell me why the hell Ass Creed had to kill the Prince franchise? Why can't we have both? Freakin UBI, next they'll kill and layoff anybody having to do with the amazing UBI art engine. They are slowly turning into EA.
  • JustGarry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustGarry polycounter lvl 4
    Inspirational stuff here, absolutely incredible attention to detail, love the patterns and everything seems to be fitting in well with each other. Subbed.
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much guys :)

@pixelpatron: Yes it's really a shame there isn't any news on the franchise. Was really hoping for a new announcement at last years e3 after all the rumors before it :/

Here is a little update on the balustrade, just did a bit of sculpting on top
    DqkWmYw.jpg
  • ThinkKlinck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThinkKlinck polycounter lvl 8
    this is looking great, subscribed!
  • JamieRIOT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    Wow, nice details.
    I am making a piece at the moment that has a lot of ornate detailing, so I will be keeping an eye on this for inspiration. Great job so far.
    I would like a new PoP game, but only if it was done right. I wouldn't like it becoming another title that gets pumped out every year.
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks for the comments again :)

It's been a while since my last post, since I was pretty busy.

To have an additional piece on my portfolio for an application, I singled out the Pavillion to focus on that area and get it finished. I created low poly models, baked and made textures. I also switched over to CryEngine.

Next I will focus on bringing the rest of the environment to the same level of quality.

E0eTMvX.jpg
    VMgLagg.jpgFmDwEXI.jpg
    DQlUXzp.jpg
    kBlPPoP.jpg
    JevaIk8.jpg
    FJ5sto5.jpg
  • switz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    switz polycounter lvl 10
    Wow amazing work - how do you go about modeling those ornamental details? Theyre so nice and clean I'm assuming you started with curves to get the general shape?
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Very cool stuff, can't wait to see where this will go :)
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @switz: thank you :) yes that's right, most of the ornamental details I start by creating the shape with splines and then convert them into polygons. So from there I have a flat plane with the outline and from there on add in edges and drag these out to get the 3D shape.

@Minos: Thanks, great job on you throne room scene btw. Awesome material definition!

Small update:

UuLm3Tb.jpg
    KeKPo97.jpg
    aYSaLFt.jpg
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Shadow layin down some sauce.......sexy sauce. :poly121: