Home Technical Talk

Any good resources for limits (tri, maps, ect..) for games?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource for looking up the different limits games use? I'd love to know tri limits, maps that acceptable and any other knowledge.

I've posted on Reddit and got a cool response for DOTA 2 (their workshop). I also found a nice video on youtube that detailed how Janus was created (for Smite), however, they didn't go much into the modeling/texturing aspect.

I'd be interested to know the limits used for two different subjects: 3d Character Art and 3d Environmental Art.

Different types of games:

APRG or Isometric games: DOTA 2 fell into this area and I actually learned a lot from their workshop. I'd assume games like Diablo 3 and League of Legends use a similar limit on their characters, but any information is appreciated.

3rd person: Games like World of Warcraft, and more specifically Smite. I really like the character models and environmental art in Smite. I'd be curious to see what limits they work with. I've asked and received a link to the Janus video, but that was more for the overall pipeline and I am more specifically interested in the 3d modeling/texturing aspect. (in the video, they go after zbrush modeling and alludes to retopology, but never really gives any specifics).

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies