Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    What's the status on "We happy few"?
  • daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
    This is some great work you guys are doing. I love the sense of scale and lighting in these environments. The church in particular The only improvement I could suggest is the train. It's a focal point but it took me awhile to figure out what it was. After looking at the wireframe, it became difficult to identify the functional purpose of each shape. The silhouette looks cool but the combination of shapes feels arbitrary.
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    The Happy Few, I didn't know it was an actual project. Put a model or something in the thumbnail to let me know its something I have to actually click. Also, the thumbnail should have the same width as the rest of them. Looks strange that it doesnt. This is probably your strongest work, though, how much of the work is yours?

Foundry is a great piece! the values are really well done and I like the focuse and composition.

The cathedral, its kinda boring in the still shots, but looks more interesting in the video. I don't know, i think your leading the focus to the center window, but it falls flat of being epic or interesting.

the brave new world is confusing to look at. Way to many emissive stuff happening, i can hardly read the train in the center. I wish it had the same values as the foundry. When talking about values, if i put the image in black and white, does it still hold up composition wise and focus wise? This image, not so much, to much shiny and noise going on.

Resume section, i always laugh when i see a photo of the person. I get the immediate reaction that they are full of themselves and need to show us how cool they are. That's probably personal opinion but, I don't know, no one cares what you look like, just show me art.
    Also, your resume layout just in the html page is confusing. Way to spread out. I'm scrolling way to far down to get any useful information. Make it like your resume, nice and fits on one page. I don't think Ive ever seen a reference listed in a resume. Would they want you putting there phone number and email out there for all to see? Your listing waaaay to may skils and software information. Game Development is a skill? Isn't 3d Skulpting the same as 3d modeling, the same as modeling? It seems like your repeating yourself or being waaaaay to descriptive. Also, all that software you know how to use, are you a master of each and every program? I would only put what you truely know how to use, not what youve used once or twice or are using just for presentational purposes like Marmoset.
  • TheRealFroman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheRealFroman polycounter lvl 11
    @Jmerrick Thanks man! ^^

@Pixelpatron It is still in development, the team at Compulsion is hard at work trying to get everything ready for the public, as well as creating a good kickstarter to help garner community interest with the project.

@daniellooartist Thank you! Most of the work that isn't WHF related is honestly a bit old :/, that train is from all the way back in 2012! I agree that the quality could be further progressed, and will make sure to identify the older pieces

@Whats_True Thank you for your comments! I have made certain changes to improve the overall quality of presentation within the different webpages to help match better standards. I appreciate you taking the time to take a look and say what you think :)
  • joshschmitt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joshschmitt polycounter lvl 11
    Personally I feel like the environments are too busy and also sort of lack a focal point.