Home General Discussion

Kickstarter: The Creative Manifest (Calling all Artists!)

feature2.png

Greetings community!

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on a new Kickstarter Art Project we are hoping to get off the ground, but would need the help of some very talented artists who wish to collaborate. We are calling it, The Creative Manifest.

whatisit.png

The Creative Manifest is an electronic magazine (eZine) distributed once a month via email to all subscribers in a PDF format. This magazine will be a combination of fictional short stories, concept art, 3D art, and any other amazing things we can get packed in there that help to drive the creative mind. As an artist and game developer, often times I find myself against a wall and need some sort of inspiration to break through. Well this is what we aim to do with this eZine. As a community of authors/artists, we all strive to be inspired and look to each other for shared creativity. The reason why the monthly subscription is so inexpensive ($1 per month) is because this will be a short eZine of about 20 pages. Each month it will include different stories and artwork that are provided by you, the community. Since there are so many of us out there who’d like to share our work, we will have to be quite selective on who to include, but you can rest assured that the most inspiring will always be on display.

Find out more here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/616120140/the-creative-manifest

Thank you to everyone reading this, whether you feel like participating or not! Continue doing such an amazing job with your craft!

You can submit your writing/art to: admin@creativemanifest.com

Replies

• beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Hmm, I think that's going to be a tough sell when you're up against Vertex.

The past two have been free yearly releases and 300 pages each from really really really awesome artists.
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, and to be honest... you guys get the money while the artists do a good chunk of the work? I know that is shitty thing to say, but it's a glaring issue for me. I also have no idea who you people are.

Vertex works well because a good amount of the creative population knows of Ryan Hawkins, he doesn't charge anything and gets some of the best talent in the creative industries to write about what they do best... for free.

I think your kickstarter is an interesting idea but you have to compete with the mighty Vertex.

I wish you good luck!
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    not sure if this is like Vertex. To me it reads like "a collection of this'n'that" or whatever may get your "creative juices" flowing. It's like a mixtape and there's the chance that out of the whole issue there is just a one or two articles that are really something you care about. Some people get inspired by poems about pink unicorns while others get inspiration from zombies and blood and gore. The focus of this is just very, very wide - maybe too wide to be effective.

And yes, who are you? guys? What's your background? What's there to tell me you'll choose content that will resonate with me? just being a nerd is, again, not very specific or focused