Home Technical Talk

Summary Maya 2016 Modeling - Texturing - Sculpting

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
Summary Maya 2016 Modeling - Texturing - Sculpting

Sorry I can not get it to embed, any ideas?

www.youtube.com/watch?t=221&v=2LxjF3-_1xM

Replies

• DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking at the presentation, I think what I have in mind should be possible. However I cannot figure out how to set it up.

Any help please?

I want to use a mesh as base. And then model flat panels and later drop them onto this base. Then after that I want to enter the modeling tool kit mode where everything I do to the panels would conform to the base too.
    q4Utxue.png

Kinda got the idea when they show how you can rotate components while retaining the object's shape. Same thing but instead I want to retain my shape based on another shape.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Like an XYShrinkWrap? I had a script for that which worked in 2012, but not for 2015 unfortunately. Give it a look around the web if you can find one that's up to date.
  • rube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rube polycounter lvl 17
    You should be able to do that with the shrink wrap deformer. As long as you don't delete the history the part should still conform even if you move pieces around. If you 'Make Live' your sphere, any modeling toolkit changes will follow the surface as well. I'm using maya 2015, not sure what might have changed in 2016.
  • mserena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mserena polycounter lvl 6
    you can use maya transfer attribute tool and select vertex positions and it will project the surfaces together.
  • mserena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mserena polycounter lvl 6
    there's a shrink wrap in the modeling toolkit too, under edit.