Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Jane" wip, crits welcome

Hello everyone!

First post here so I'll introduce myself. My name is John and I've recently joined the forums and the cg community as a whole. I picked up zbrush about a month ago and instantly became fascinated with the game character creation pipeline. I have no formal education in art or design and used to draw only when I was younger. I'm hoping some day I can create anatomically correct characters with proper topology, rigging and animation.

I'm going to just change this to a general improvement thread. below is the first model I attempted with no understanding of anatomy.

ukB8O9G.jpg
OBef780.jpg

Replies

• Jcools
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Escorche I tried to do underneath it.

kLgz9QR.jpg
  • Jcools
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been cramming anatomy the past week. I feel like an idiot with what I was saying before and all the time I wasted on the wrong things. Did a few busts last couple days taking from what I've learned.

EfBRo8D.jpg
    LOuhRqT.jpg
    BC7P1dS.jpg
  • Ashie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashie polycounter lvl 5
    Welcome to Polycount :>

Looks pretty sweet for just starting out. However, I think your sculpts look a bit "lumpy". Try blocking in the basic muscle structures at much lower subdivision levels first, and then detail as you subdivide.

Are you using Dynamesh and starting with a sphere, or...? Whats your process here?
  • Jcools
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! It does look lumpy. I wasn't working with layers back then, so that female head may be beyond repair.

Here's what I've been working on the last week. The hair isnt up to par yet, but I'm still learning to tame fibermesh. Did the whole hand placed eyebrows thing.

KCrI8jZ.jpg