Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Which color theme?

bhaktimarie
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
bhaktimarie polycounter lvl 7
Which color theme??

Looking for some input on which color theme to choose for my cargo bay, a piece I am doing for school.

6008196_orig.jpg

Replies

• DeviatePanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeviatePanda polycounter lvl 5
    I prefer the top left image, or the bottom left. The other two look like I am looking through tinted glass and sorta waters down the contrast and detail of the scene.
  • Dethling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dethling polycounter lvl 11
    I would got with the top left.
    With the clear colors the lights are very nice and add a lot to the scene.

Any chance to see a little more from the scene?
  • JustMeSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustMeSR polycounter lvl 4
    I prefer the top ones.

(The bottom left one feels like it made screen the only "Selling point" [instead of botttles to screen to ship/ corridor or whatever it is in the distance].)

(The bottom right has the hated/ overused brown color, plus it gets rid of the nice color gradient you have on the other ones.)
  • theblueturtle_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theblueturtle_ polycounter lvl 3
    bottom left or right
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    344be59871.jpg

your color intensity defines breakup areas. The bottom left is more contrasted on the screen which is nice because it direct eye attention.
  • tomenjerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tomenjerry polycounter lvl 6
    bottom left looks the best to me, love the blue and white
  • hmm_rock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
    I think the yellow light in the top left would be more visually interesting, but the material colors in the bottom left look more realistic. So maybe keep your materials tame and go crazy with lighting? It is scify after all.
  • bhaktimarie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bhaktimarie polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it.

It looks like there is a general leaning towards the top left or bottom left, with a few who like the top right.

Thanks for the BW contrast pic, Deforges. I didn't realize how much the filters can affect the contrast in various parts of the shot.

In the first image I posted, the top left is straight from UDK, and the other three are using color lookup tables in photoshop.

I am posting two more screenshots of a side by side comparison of the top left and bot left color schemes. If I go with the more turquoise color scheme, I was hoping that a post processing volume might give me a little more control over the highlights, mid tones and shadows.

Between the two- which side do you prefer?

2664247_orig.jpg

6715166_orig.jpg