polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9

Replies

• VictorB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VictorB polycounter lvl 6
    Oh wow, wasn't expecting the $60.00 price tag for a video tutorial. I thought I've seen your work on Youtube somewhere (free), maybe I am thinking of someone else.
  • Mant1k0re
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    I for one don't mind the price tag for premium training material. Christophe's free tuts were awesome, I expect this to be even better. Don't buy it if you're not okay with the price, but don't call the guy names for trying to get money for his work outside of work. Last time I checked he had a full-time job on the side at ND...
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    Just in case people haven't noticed there is a subscription option. There are a lot of great tuts at Gnomon.
  • xtrm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9
    hi guys ,
    i still have my youtube channel with free videos.. ( actually working on a new one )
    i do not set the price on the gnomon stuff , but the video is not 60$
    it's actually ''free'' if you have a subscription with them .

60 buck for 4+ hours of advanced training ?
    not that bad after all .. when you think about how much it cost to learn this shit at a 3d school :-)

cheers
  • VictorB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d wrote: »
    hi guys ,
    i still have my youtube channel with free videos.. ( actually working on a new one )
    i do not set the price on the gnomon stuff , but the video is not 60$
    it's actually ''free'' if you have a subscription with them .

60 buck for 4+ hours of advanced training ?
    not that bad after all .. when you think about how much it cost to learn this shit at a 3d school :-)

cheers

That's true brother, I didn't mean any disrespect. Since I AM going to an art school, I guess that's why I was caught off guard with the additional price tag, when usually most tuts are free for academic students.

I'm sure it is very much worth the pricetag, I have enjoyed your other videos.
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    You are very entertaining to learn from! I especially liked your bit about "cute little fucks"!
  • xtrm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9
    You are very entertaining to learn from! I especially liked your bit about "cute little fucks"!

hehehe then you should wtach my free ones on youtube.. i tend to be more direct in them , did have to restrain myself for gnomon :-)
  • VictorB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d wrote: »
    hehehe then you should wtach my free ones on youtube.. i tend to be more direct in them , did have to restrain myself for gnomon :-)

That's a shame:( You should never be censored! Free world right? ;)
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Crisptophe, how would you compare Redshift and Octane? In terms of ease of usage, results, speed, etc. I was wasn't familiar with Redshift and it looks really nice. Since both are GPU-based and you did a few renders in Octane I was wondering what you think about those renders.
  • angryMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik wrote: »
    Just in case people haven't noticed there is a subscription option. There are a lot of great tuts at Gnomon.

Agreed^
  • xtrm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Crisptophe, how would you compare Redshift and Octane? In terms of ease of usage, results, speed, etc. I was wasn't familiar with Redshift and it looks really nice. Since both are GPU-based and you did a few renders in Octane I was wondering what you think about those renders.
    octane would look like being the most interesting at teh first look.. but when you go deeper , you would realise that teh integration with maya is not very well done ( their support suxx )
    and that it is way faster and easier to get noise free result in redhsift ( and teh team behind it is great )
    That's a shame You should never be censored! Free world right? ;)
    naaahh that ok.. gnomon is a teaching fcility after all.. they have to enforce some rule of decency :-)
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    Thnaks, I will try to give it a shot.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    Weoo that turned out rad man ^___^
    Really gotta try learning the substance tools now :3
  • xtrm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9
    ""Weoo that turned out rad man ^___^
    Really gotta try learning the substance tools now :3""

i would never have looked as good if i did not have your sweet model to play with :-)