Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fallout 4 - Travelling Tinker Fan Art

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Anthricus polycounter lvl 5
CURRENT UPDATE:
Screenshot%202015-04-06%2008.47.22.png

Hi guys,

This guy is intended to be a bit of a preliminary excitement for myself as we potentially approach the launch of Fallout 4 finally.

Screenshot%202015-03-23%2021.09.08.png
Screenshot%202015-03-23%2021.09.19.png
His backstory / role is as a travelling tinker and a general fixer of things!

The large box on his back will be an old school 1950 welding unit (look below) and his belt pouches will contain all his spare nuts/bolts, solder and his soldering iron.
Paul%20at%20Forney.jpg

Might remove the baseball bats or at least holster them on the backpack as they are only for protection.

The clothing is all subject to change and will be based around a vault jumpsuit. I may add some other clothing but am not really sure i want to cover up all the intricacies of his equipment.

C&C welcome as always. It would be cool to hear your ideas and additions as well as any proportional changes :D (I think his head may be a tad small?)

Replies

• Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Face Update.

C&C Welcome as always!
    Screenshot%202015-03-24%2019.08.02.png
  • Cannibal Aardvark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannibal Aardvark polycounter lvl 5
    Looks pretty good so far. I've not really got much to add at this stage.

I do have an issue with the idea of his weapons though. That welding unit looks like it's gunna be pretty heavy, and typically I'd associate dual-wielding with someone fast and light who's going to be dodging around a fair amount. With that massive bulky unit on his back, I feel like it would make much more sense for him to have a larger, slower weapon. Something he can really get his weight behind. Since he's supposed to be a travelling handy-man of sorts, I'd like to see him holding something that could double up as a useful tool. Maybe a large wrench or a sledge hammer.

Also, it'd be nice to get some background on the guy. We know he's a post-apocalyptic worker of some kind, but we don't know much more. What kind of place does he live in, is it a desert like the Mojave or maybe a swamp like Point Lookout? Does he just move around the major settlements or is he more of a wanderer, living out in the wasteland and visiting every little outcrop looking for scrap and potential clients? Does he hang around with a group, or is he alone? If he's alone, what kind of gear might he need to stop himself becoming easy pickings for raiders?

I don't know, I'm no character artist, but that's just my two cents. :)
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome comment dude!

I really like the idea of giving him something a bit more beefy to handle himself.
    I think the wrench would be a good starting point or maybe as a side arm for him as well as a tool.

I have been looking at some of the tools he might be able to use and i am considering making a modified version of one of these, I would love to hear your thoughts about what it could become :D But i definitely think giving him a more relevant weapon would be good.

Possible Weapons:

Rivet gun (modded to fire small shells as well as rivets)
    60.jpg

Crimper:
    1391526783_Cembre-B131LN-C-Battery-Powered-Crimping-Tools.jpg

Toolbox Rocket Launcher ( wouldnt it be cool to fit some sort of fat -man style launcher from a few broken up toolboxes? also it still acts as storage :D)
    il_340x270.596471517_4qa9.jpg

Vintage style Wrenches:
    adjustable.jpg

As for location I imagine him as a Mojave traveller who goes from town to town offering his services and fixing up everything from weapons to watches!
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Current update! I have had the bank holiday to work on my projects and i am slowly getting there on this.

I still have loads to do on the overcoat, i want to put some awesome patches on it and also create some holes through the cloth. Please share any good cloth rips/tear tutorials you have guys.
    Screenshot%202015-04-06%2008.47.22.png
    C&C welcome as always!