Home General Discussion

Dissertation Question - Software Ratings

Hello there lovelies! It's my second to last Dissertation survey and anyone who could take part would help me tremendously!

Essentially the software that you're familiar with (even if you're mildly familiar with the software shown), if you could rate each individual Criteria out of a score of seven according to how you believe they should be marked. For things such as price, mark the price of the software against what you feel it should be worth/what you would pay etc.

For things such as Functionality, if you have not used the software personally that is not an issue, spend the time trying to find what others think of the performance and come up with a score based on your previous experience with software in the same region.

I've also recently seen that due to some knacks with Survey Monkey (and mainly myself), there's a couple of missing sections, but I can interpolate results from what's been put down previously.

There's two links cos Survey Monkey only allow ten questions per survey on a free account. The first survey is to do with base-mesh creation, high polygon and low polygon modelling software, and the second to do with texturing software.

Thank you for any help you can give!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RF6GZPS
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R32NLQ9

Replies

• JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    You're missing quite a bit of software there... for modeling you're missing Maya, Modo, 3d-Coat, Blender, Mudbox, Houdini, and of course Silo and Milkshape 3d ;) and for texturing you're missing Blender, Modo, Mari, Mudbox, Zbrush, 3ds Max viewport canvas, Krita, and possibly XNormal and MightyBake if you want to include bakers as well.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    yeaaaah... the survey is going to be biased as hell with things like Maya and Modo left out. (Rest in peace Softimage, rest in peace...)
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    I think you should throw this away and start over...

I don't mean to be rude but this is a really bad survey, even ignoring the fact that you've ommitted some of the most widely used software in the industry you've also made some grievous errors in setting up this survey.

I mean you can check multiple numbers... I liked ZBrush so much I rated it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7!

Not only that but you have software listed multiple times on different pages... Why? Which answers are you going to use if someone rates 3DS Max inconsistently on page 1 and 3?

And finally... you want people to rate software they've never used? Dude...

I've never used surveymonkey but I'm pretty sure whatever data you're going to get out of this is going to be a virtually useless mess.

If you're having trouble with surveymonkey maybe try kwiksurveys, I used it in the past with good results and more importantly it has branching and skipping based on responses so you can get better data from it.