Home Digital Sketchbooks

Kurt R's Sketchbook

KurtR
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KurtR polycounter lvl 7
Been lurking around and reading mostly since I signed up here. Finally come around to create one of these. Input and critques are very much welcomed. I've been mostly a bit all over the place in design without landing on something, now I'm mostly trying to skill up my character design skillset faster. I've in the process of hammering over Dominic Qweck and Rafael Grassetis learning material and hoping to reach a new level in the next couple of months.

Here's a couple of busts to start out the sketchbook which ive done past week +.

:)

nol.jpgwahn.jpgrah.jpg

Replies

• KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    I diverted myself right after I started this thread and started skilling up hard-surface modeling instead. But I want to keep pushing at my anatomy, proportions and such. I am no drawer, but I've been doing some doodling on and off to better program the proportions in my head, and get a general better understanding of form. I've bought a lot of gumroad material, and also bought Neil Fontana's anatomy drawing course. So Im gonna post some sketches and hopefully skill up my modeling quicker by doing drawing.

4# Gestures.jpg

5# proportions.jpg

12 # Proportions.jpg
  • Defunct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Defunct polycounter lvl 10
    Cool busts mate. Seems like you're headed in the right direction. Just keep practicing and learning everyday. :)
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Cool stuff here,.
    I'll tell you what someone else told me.
    1. Practice making human heads, and getting the for correct before going on to details.
    2. If you are modeling soething that has different materials/seperate parts, model themm seperately. It will look a lot better. (boney portrusions, teeth, etc.)
    3. Dont put your signature at the bottom. Let your work speak for itself. (This one i is take it or leave it. But in my case, i was told this because it seemed arrogant. I'm sure it differs from person to person. )
  • KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for feedback guys. I forgot my thread again so didn't see them before now.

@pmiller001
    your comment on putting your signature in there seems fair. Ill stop doing that I think.

About the parts. Seems also fair and seeing my last bust here it would really have benefited from that for sure ... though these busts were just speed sculpts, done under 3 hours so for me the exercise in that is to just be quick to solidify the anatomy in my mind first of all. Still good good advice. Appreciate the feedback.

Anyone know what Im doing wrong with the links coming up as they do?
  • KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    I have been working on my hard-surface modeling and every time I go back to practice some drawing I notice how much help this is to get a better sense of form when modeling. Even when they are not really that good. Currently working on some mechs. These are just silhouette/detail practice drawings, but I i liked the design I started so I will draw more iterations of it and probably try to model it out.

Mech-Sketch-52008154318-Mech-520081417
    15zjq81.jpg

2jz2fc.jpg
    18-Mech-520081417