Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Arthur

Hey guys, I have been looking at polycount for a while now, this is current task at college.
My character design document

I did a brainstorm of different ideas, where I came up with the idea to create a butcher, an angry character from a game, if he was a game character his background would be him being a boss and then you as the player you would hunt him down and destroy him, he has a large clever and rugged clothes, but he looks after himself to a point. his bio then has come from the traits and personality which has he. angry, poor orphan, confused, these traits all create this character vibe and give him emotion. You do not feel for him but, you want to see him.

I did some quick sillhouettes of what the character may look like.

SpgRYxH.jpg

Fz7y5I3.jpg

The character with the green circle round is a character concept that just doesn't look right for the character concept that i'm going with, so then I then went with the character highlighting in yellow and then after putting clothes on him i changed his body slightly and then the blue that I did first was slightly to big but even though he was smaller, and then then one highlighted in red is the more finished body shape to what im thinking off doing, it has a large pot belly but then a thin top half.
The character will be a thin surprising arch nemesis type character who has a lot off intelligent ideas about how to butcher someone.

VZEnTXa.jpg

These are a quick couple off sketches on different sizes. They show the different body shape ideas before i came up with the final one which was the broader shoulders and a large over weight belly, but with that it slightly changed to a character with a double chin, and large chubby arms and legs.
The character looks a lot better as large character as he is a slow sluggish boss character.

LKrvjun.jpg

eqqK11k.jpg

hzrfJFq.jpg

These 3 images are some other rough designs to what the character could look like and what he could wear.

WsBHstR.jpg

0Ebyizb.jpg

The black and white image was just plain paper and pencil and then i went over the colours with water colour and then i flicked red paint on to the apron to create the blood splatter effect.
This shot is of the character and he is at a finished stage of what size he is and what weapon he will be holding, He will have an old style top without a collar, and then welly boots which are east to wash blood off, and then old trousers which are dark and plain. Then he will be wearing a hat and apron covered in blood.

UC97U8p.jpg

K1ylWpW.jpg

Here is a quick drawn and digital orthographic shot of my character.

Az3QfKl.jpg

This is the final digital piece of concept art for my character.

3D character work.

TO6M0yh.jpg

vKn6n2p.jpg

These are a couple of screen shots of my character model, I am now working on the topology of the face.

K530YYR.jpg

The first step was making sure my unwrap was nicely organised and layed out well.

Replies