Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Whimsyshire: Heroes of the Storm Edition

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
anglorum polycounter lvl 6
Yo! Just put the finishing touches on this project, which I've been nursing for quite a while. Pretty happy to finally get to have it in a state I'm okay with showing off. Hopefully I'll get some good feedback at GDC, and maybe even get a few laughs!

Either way, I had a blast with this whole thing, and definitely plan on polishing and expanding on it to the point that it could potentially be it's own map.

Let me know what you guys think!

pzv2TY9.jpg

HnGlNQm.jpg

wE2prHY.jpg

rQk8xnc.jpg

UPCvePd.jpg

fVLYNuC.jpg

Replies

• Benmx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great! all is paint texture? on photoshop or hat software was used it? congrats.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Really well done, I love the trees. I'm curious if the cannon was built with animations in mind and how they would work?
  • chudork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chudork polycounter lvl 8
    love the textures :D, a suggestion though and it could be just me but some of the harder surfaces (cannon, well/pots) could use more crease or a hpolish to give it more hard surface definition
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks guys!

Benmx: Most of it was done by baking down from a high poly sculpt in zbrush. I used a mixture of photoshop and 3dcoat to put finishing touches on textures I'd baked out. I also (for this project) used a large amount of polypainting by using the ao masking and "fill color" method. There's some pretty robust tools for getting some decent masks out of zbrush... if only they'd add usable layers, the program would be a front runner that could easily cut out 3dcoat IMO.

Gannon: The cannon was indeed built with animations in mind. I had primarily imagined each section dropping from the sky and sort of "splattering together" As well, the twizzler cannon is able to force backwards into the base mesh as it's separate geometry. I had a lot of things in mind for how they would sort of look like they were being eaten, or crumbling apart and spilling over on the ground like a toppled cake when they were eventually killed.

Chudork: Thanks for the suggestion man. Yeah, I definitely feel there are some spots where pushing the hard surfacy-ness could have maybe worked, but I was super timid about going overboard with that on this project as I wanted everything to really feel sort of soft and doughy.