Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forerunner Battle Tank - Crits Welcome

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7
So, I'm building a Sci-Fi Tank Arcade Shooter for CryEngine 3 with my mates online, kindof a throwback to Westwood Studio's 1999 Recoil, with a heavy narrative element.

No first person shooter stuff - there won't even be any humans in the game - just tanks from 3 unique Sci-Fi races of machines. Everybody is a Robot in Forerunner.

Current Progress:

So Far, I'm ~14 hours in, with most of the Tank modeled as a lowpoly, and the treads are still just a blockout. My Engineering friends would smack me if they saw how the suspension works. :p

I really like the overall design. There was no concept art, just some loose inspirations and hand drawn napkin sketches. This will be the player's starting vehicle. It has thrusters (in orange diamonds) to flip it over in case it ends up on its back, an inventory system indicated by that back cargo hatch, modular weapons, and the turret & canons can rotate independently. The turret will follow the mouse 360o, and AWSD will drive the vehicle left, right, forward, back.

It has no human occupant - just a computer. The officer modeled by Tau34RUS for our game Shadow Star is there for reference.
Thathatahtank.png

THHANK.png

ass%2Bend%2B73.png

We'll be seeing this view an awful lot. Notes and paint-overs welcome. :) I'll update this post with updates as I go.

Replies