Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Newbie doesn't know where to go!

Hello, I've just started learning how to model in blender and I've gotten the basics of things. I've made a wineglass with some splashing wine and a foot ball using some tutorials online.

But now I really don't know where to go, which projects should I tackle now to improve? Any suggestions?
Red_Wine_zpsr8hkpxnt.png

Football_zpsrztnazwq.png

Replies

• pangaea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangaea polycounter lvl 5
    There is a monthly noob challenge that goes on every month, but was skipped this month. If you wait a few days you should probably do that.
  • JustMeSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustMeSR polycounter lvl 4
    Make game art? Try sculpting? Learn baking? Make Hard-sufrace corridors, boxes, cars, weapons... Make textures? Make materials in Real-time engines?

Pick something. From what you presented it looks like you have to choose from.

Edit: Second the Monthly challenge idea.
  • SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpaceRogue polycounter lvl 3
    Anything will add to your millage in becoming better.

If you have a certain thing you're passionate about go for that ! If not ,try, experiment, learn from others and tutorials, pretty much any artist I know did not start out making the exact same thing they are making now at all.
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    1. traditional polygon modelling
    2. sculpting
    3. retoplogy
    4. baking
    5. PBR texturing
    6. modern realtime rendering, post, etc.
    7. do it all again, and again, and again until your work is super tight and optimal, and of course very pretty.