Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: LongerrPigs

Starting a sketchbook in an attempt to kick myself in the butt and do more stuff/more 'quality' stuff. Aiming for a thing a day, with a focus on 3D and actually finishing work. Also to maybe use sensible colours and on day attempt something convincingly 'realistic'.

I'm also totally up for critique. Go for that. That's cool.

Here's a thing thing from yesterday (re: never finished anything/leaves everything half started)
25KCfGE7

And I guess here's some stuff from earlier this year...
DhRBZQkq
rdR59rQB
First full character that I rushed and never textured properly.

qMGeIw89
low poly chicken (and by low poly I mean he's still like ~850 tris so not really low)

c3cXSYvE
low poly assets from a tiny puzzel game I'm super slowly working on

WNvgr6tK
...and the same assets but in unity with every possible post effect ever added

fullresvillagepaitingsm.png
I also do 2D and have the most inconsistent style ever.

Replies

• longerrpigs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uuh so a bunch of travel and the ever magical christmas + new year period = no time/no decent computer for 3D.

Plus I've been putting off posting because of 'uuugh nothing is good enough everything sucks'. Which may well be the case, but I decide I'm still going to post some sketchbook junk everynow and then.

FQF3l2p.png
    I've been using a surface pro2 for everything while traveling. I realised I only had sculptris, maya lite and marmoset installed (who knows why???). So quick dragon/monster head to see if I can still 3D.

Sculptris is actually kinda great for basic stuff/roughing things out but not so hot for texturing if you can't retro+UV? At least not without working out a better pipeline then just doing dump scupt and dumping it straight into the paint section.

IX3H7ha.png
    Also started making a bunch of quick low poly humans to rig and use for animation practice and some game dev stuff. So far just surface/flat shaders, but once I've done a few more and some props I'll work out a modular texture pipeline for them.

Vq16fto.png
    Goat character concept things

5nqsHvi.png
    character design illustration commission

and here's some scanned stuff. Trying to draw more props/prop related things. Even if it's rough and stuff.
    p9AP9DQ.png

bNwDj9s.png

o4aqupe.png

W1dAH2T.png