Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

YA-12 Soviet Artillery Prima Mover

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Free_Fall polycounter lvl 8
Almost done with the highpoly model of this Russian piece of machinery. Small Things like the tracks and other small details are left to be done..

Some pictures:

zLZTLKU.png

ZL1YZGk.png

BSqAXBi.png

8yxouSe.png

Any C&C is welcome! :)

Replies

• Jack M.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. interpolator
    Could you post your references?
  • Free_Fall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. wrote: »
    Could you post your references?

My reference mainly consisted from photos from the 1/35 model, good real life pictures where hard the find since this thing was build during WW2.. and most of them didn't survive the war.

ref link 1
    ref link 2
  • Jack M.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. interpolator
    Alright so to me it looks pretty spot on so far. There's some parts missing like the hitch on the back, the tracks, the window on the backside of the truck, and the wood panels aren't really wooden yet.

I'm pretty sure you are already aware of some of these things but I thought I would mention them in case you managed to forget one.

Also If you're going to bake down I would soften some of those edges up a little. Some of them look a little harsh to me. Could be wrong though.
  • Free_Fall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!

Yeah, I've already started making the edges a bit softer.. the back carrier part is almost done :) I was already aware of the things you pointed out, but it's always nice to have others looking out for one another as well!

As for the wood panels, I'll add some woodgrain normalmaps when everything is baked..

Thanks again!