Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Gears Of War Building

Dj_Evola
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dj_Evola polycounter lvl 7
Hello all, I'm working in an enviroment based on a concept of Gears of War.

Here is the concept:
whib0i.jpg

And here what's I've done for now:
311l7w5.jpg
ip465y.jpg
11m3mz7.jpg
vobyhx.jpg
5lt0zl.jpg

It's work in progress but I'd like to recieve some critics.
Thanks!!

Replies

• GrungyStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    Cool. Some decals on the brick textures would help break it up, so it doesn't seem like its repeating so much. Right now you can clearly see the modular textures.
  • Dj_Evola
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screenshot_53.jpg

Ok, I have done some vertex paint and made some decals.

Is there a way to have more than one decal in one texture? I mean, can I make a texture of 2048x2048, for example, and make several decals from this texture?
    Can someone give me a tutorial or documentation about decals?

Thanks!!
  • Higuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    YHRLPL.jpg

Some really small nitpicky crit: The bridge you have in now is different from the concept, I'll be honest I like the concept version a bit more. In the concept you'll notice the walls + roof facing inward are a bit more planar, rather than slanted roofs all the way around. You'll also notice the bridge roof goes all the way up the buildings roof as well but is slanted on each opposite side (hope the small picture provided shows this!)

Other thing (were blue lines are in the picture) would be to add some trim around these... things. There a bit odd looking, would be nice to make them look a bit more rusty/perhaps green (eg copper, Statue of Liberty).

Overall though the architecture and recent addition of vertex paint definitely feels and looks great, reminds me much of Gears of War. Can't wait to see where you go with it! :D
  • Dj_Evola
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are absolutely right. I'm going to work right now on it!!

Thanks a lot!!
  • BasicallyNormal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BasicallyNormal polycounter lvl 7
    I think you could vary the roughness of the corner pieces more. And I'm not sure if you were going for it or not, but the shutters to the big 3-window arch look like stone rather than wood or metal.