Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bat Axe - Skyrim

BMovie
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
BMovie polycounter lvl 6
A while ago i followed the Digitial Tutors Bat axe tutorial in Zbrush.
(http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/152-Creating-Game-Weapons-in-3ds-Max-and-ZBrush)
Recently i got around to retopo the axe and placed it into skyrim.
As its my first weapon placed into a game, i was looking for some possible critque :) (maybe a little on the presentation as well)

Rendered in Marmoset 2

Bataxe_1.png

Bataxe_2.png

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Since this is actually in the game (which is awesome btw, to speak anything of end goals for what we do), what does it look like in game? Can you also do comparison shots next to existing weapons from the game so we can do a unity pass?
  • BMovie
    Offline / Send Message
    BMovie polycounter lvl 6
    Here are some ingame shots of the Axe, ingame i think the red is a little too saturated and i need to go back and look at the enviroment map after looking closer at the weapon. It all looks a little too shiny.

BBD8CAA423F17E1A98129CC86E8DC72A2097DF695FF44806D6636A74A5B7D1C619689D2623E620F8FD87FFCDDF85AB726086157613E9F1C5A65E5703
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Looks like a solid start. Yeah, the red could perhaps use deeper reds, sort of like the ones you see here: ruby.jpg

The steel could use a hue change to unify it with the other weapons. Right now it's reading blue/purple. Push more towards a greenish tint however that needs to happen.
  • BMovie
    Offline / Send Message
    BMovie polycounter lvl 6
    Here are the colour changes to the axe that you suggested to do.
    Ive added more green into the main colour and darkened?deepened the red in the tail and Mouth.

66yn93.jpg

(The uploaded image looks a little washed out than it does in game. Not sure how to upload decent images that are not a little washed out. )

@JadeEyePanda, Thank you for all the help with the corrections