Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hunger

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
ReD-SpideR polycounter lvl 14
Hello,
Been a member for a while now. My Name is Andrea Mele from Toronto, Ontario.
I never really posted my work. But here is my latest Hunger:

This project is represents the Hunger to succeed, the Hunger of getting through some dark times and how I saw my own personal struggles, as this form manifested from my own life experiences it was truly an emotional piece to accomplish. May we all have the Hunger, the will to keep reaching for what drives us. Keep reaching for your goals.

be sure to check out more at my site http://www.iDreamFX.com

Rendered in Zbrush.
Hunger_Pose_01.jpg
Hunger_Pose_02and04.jpg
Hunger_Pose_03.jpg
Hunger_Pose_05.jpg
Hunger_Pose_06.jpg

Small video tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjWGw3G5ug8

Thanks for checking it out! <3

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I like the concept.

The first thing that ocmes to mind is that something about the way the skin has been textured feels too uniform.
  • ReD-SpideR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the concept.

The first thing that ocmes to mind is that something about the way the skin has been textured feels too uniform.

I agree, It's definitely something I plan to improve on in the future! Darn skin! so organicky and organicky :)

Side note: I did hand paint it, none symmetrically! :rolleyes: My brain must of been symmetrically inclined to make it uniform. It is the look I was going for as I wanted form to speak more then colours, but going forward I will keep my eye on it!

Thanks for checking it out, really appreciate it!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I don't think it has anything to do with asymmetry, but more on areas of focus. For example, I have this feeling the subdermal map is farily uniform across the body, or areas could be darker in value comarative to other areas.
  • ReD-SpideR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think it has anything to do with asymmetry, but more on areas of focus. For example, I have this feeling the subdermal map is farily uniform across the body, or areas could be darker in value comarative to other areas.

Ahhh I get what your saying. Thanks JadeEyePanda!
  • Felipe Vargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Felipe Vargas polycounter lvl 8
    the SSS is very uniform, it does not seem to have bones or internal organs. but the work is great
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros polycounter
    I like it! I've always thought that the work of an artist reflects their personality or mood, at the time. 'Nightmare Fuel' is a real thing. The trick is to not OD on nightmare fuel, then it just sucks. :poly142:
  • ReD-SpideR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's an expressive piece of course, zetheros is pretty spot on. This is infact a complete refelection of my nightmare.

The piece is about weakness and deformities of having been through certain situations the past couple of years. This image represents that. The design comes completely from using references, always. Then exaggerating them to make this weak and Starved looking person.

As for this SSS stuff, It does not have an SSS Map, or SubDermal map as it was only rendered in Zbrush. And to be very honest, I love the way the skin looks, It looks exactly as I want it to look.

Thank you all for looking! :santa:
  • jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    nice model very surreal... but the pose is very unbalanced. If this was a statue it would tip over. The shoulder should be directly over the heel of the foot the weight is on. Also the skin looks very healthy. In this state I think he would be paler and more pasty. I think he could be dirtier in places, especially the feet. Might be cool to see some sunburns on his shoulders, back, and face. Keep going, looks cool.
  • ReD-SpideR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks jhoythottle for the motivation! :)