Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Daguerreo_Personal Project_W.I.P.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GiangoMM polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys this is one of my firsts thread on polycount, this time I want to share with you a my personal project. I want to rebuild an environment from Final Fantasy, Daguerreo. Dunno how many of you know this suggestive city placed in FF IX, then this is it ... maxresdefault.jpg , as you may see it's a little old as the years of the game :) ScottHoneycutt with his last work gave me for sure some ispiration. Well, my intent is to rebuild it as next gen envi maybe using the PBR techinc and using UE4, but I will decide in the future which engine to use, well....maybe you can help me find a good way, I hope so ^_^ For now I will use Marmoset to visualize my WIP. Ok...I spoke a lot, let the the "Daguerreo Prject WIP" begins!!! :)

Replies

• GiangoMM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the meanwhile I will put some images of the work that I did until now...I would like critiques and critiques again :D

Model rendered in Marmoset (Textures in PBR tech).

qpoyytv.jpg

mi2x1Xt.jpg
  • GiangoMM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *UPDATE*
    XjYd0Zd.jpg

I wanted to try a new and better way to do Texture, then I sculpted it in Zbrush with dislpacement modification. All done in Zbrush and Photoshop. Rendered on Marmoset in PBR!
  • GiangoMM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *UPDATE*
    boWpjKs.jpg?1
    xUbdzjI.jpg?1
    sYPuiTM.jpg?1

I made some adjustment for the first texture that I did and I create a new texture tile and an asset, I built this last in mind to reuse it a lot of time in the environment, just rotating it as I wish. I didn't take the AO in the screen Wip, but there's one for each in the AO channel on Marmoset.
    I need to create other 3 or 4 texture then I can post a screen of the environment WIP. Hope to find an engine (possibly free) to get it cool!
    If you have some advice...I'm here :D
  • GiangoMM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message